Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Leader of the Free World

and his "press corps" are having great fun in east Germany:

Q On both of these [Lebanon and Iran]. Does it concern you that the Beirut airport has been bombed? And do you see a risk of triggering a wider war?

And on Iran, they've, so far, refused to respond. Is it now past the deadline, or do they still have more time to respond?

PRESIDENT BUSH: I thought you were going to ask me about the pig.

Q I'm curious about that, too. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT BUSH: The pig? I'll tell you tomorrow after I eat it.


UPDATE: Dan Froomkin shares in the astonishment that this is what passes for diplomacy. Incidentally, it continues the recent insulation of the extended White House bubble (reporters included) from Israel-related issues.

No comments: