Monday, March 19, 2007

Thanks for clarifying

National Review's Jonah Goldberg --

From a reader:

"What's the difference between pharmacists not wanting to dispense the "day after" pill (and taking heat for that) vs. muslims not wanting to touch pork-related products. None that I can see."

Here's one answer [from another reader]:

"Jonah,

Um, let's see. I know !

Touching pork isn't instrumental to the act of murder?"

Me: While I hear where the reader's coming from, it's obviously more complicated than that since the law doesn't reflect that interpretation, otherwise the drug would be illegal. I have my own answer to the question, but I need to noodle it some more.


In which Jonah thus clearly believes that the morning after pill is murder; otherwise he would have not attributed his answer to the law's, as opposed to his own, reflection.

No comments: