Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tony as George's pundit

Since George Bush prides himself on not reading the pundits, who could possibly have been his sources of information for his remarks about Blair's resignation?

I obviously look forward to meeting with [Blair's] successor. I believe that the relationship between Great Britain and America is a vital relationship. It is a relationship that has stood the test of time, and when America and Great Britain work together, we can accomplish important objectives. We share common values. We share a great history. And so I look forward to working with Gordon Brown, who I presume is going to be the -- maybe I shouldn't say -- I shouldn't predict who is going to be in, but the punditry suggests it will be him.

I have had a meeting with him and found him to be an open and engaging person. It's amazing how people make all kinds of characterizations about people in the political process, and I found him to be a easy-to-talk-to, good thinker.

No comments: